(pic: The Hubby and I received our CMP Course certificated from Father Simon Labrooy. And we've officially ticked one thing off our wedding list! :) )I just gotta share this with you guys. This happens on the last day of our Catholic Marriage Preparation Course, May 16th.
We were asked to prepare a pledge for our partner, which like any other assignments once done, to share with the partner. Little did we know that the facilitators wanted some couples to share their pledge with the class.
"Anyone want to share what you've wrote to your partner?" asked Kenneth. All heads bowed down, trying their best not to be noticed. The Hubby and I, being seated at the front row, our eyes began to look at other place. "Anyone?.. Or I'll call names." Everyone seemed like they'd rather Kenneth picked any names instead of volunteering.
"How about you two? Both of you are always ready to talk." Kenneth looked at us, almost seemed like pleading for our support.
I looked at The Hubby. He held my hand and said, " let's do this. "
He started reading his vows. His vow was actually short, thus he tried to elaborate on each vow, just so it seemed like he wrote a long one.I had to pinch him after some while because he tends to be a bit long winded in talking. Combined with his nerveousness ( his hands were shaky as hell), he repeated some points over and over again.
His pledge included him supporting me in anything I do, and do give all his best to keep me feel like home when I transfer to KL.
Then came my turn. Heart pumped crazily inside...The room was sooooooo quiet, with only the air cond blast sound. You can literally hear a pin drop, if any...
The Hubby held the microphone for me, I took a deep breath and started to read...
Dear J,
I pledge to love you for the rest of my life
I thank God everyday for sending you into my life
You have always make me feel safe, belonged and your love truly feels like home to me
A place where I've been looking for the entire time before you entered my life (notice I used too many "life" in my pledge? I was sleepy while writing this, that I didn't do any proofread.)
Thank you for always being there for me.
Supporting me in whatever I do.
Thank you for your tolerance in handling my grumpiness and moody day
You have never, not once, fail to "find my happiness" (here I started to choke, trying my best not to cry.. words started to crack up)
You are the best thing I ever had
And I believe (Choked again..."Relax baby, relax," he assured me) that you'll make a great husband and father to our kids someday
I want to grow old with you
To be with you in venturing the journey of life, no matter the situation.
I love you, J A Too, forever I will.
There was a pause from the crowd, comprised of 32 couples with 4 facilitators and a priest. Then the class roared claps. I looked up, still trying to hold my tears from flowing to cheeks only to realise, I made some girls, including my facilitator, cried.
It was a very simple vow, yes I know. No big vocabs neither any sophisticated words...Never thought too that I choked into tears while reading them, because I've set my mind earlier the time not to do anything funny.
But I guess when you truly say it from your heart, it touches.. And affected others.
"How about you two? Both of you are always ready to talk." I LOLed when I read this...
ReplyDeletebut...
your wedding vow 'WOWed' me... tsk..tsk...
and kissing in front of the priest and your audience.. LOL.. Lucky the priest didnt say "Get a room".. hahaha...
The priest asked us to kiss each other.. Even the night before, during our prayer mass, he asked each couple to forgive each others' wrong and then end it with kiss. all of us were like, huh?..
ReplyDeleteWe are soooo wanting that priest to minister our wedding. he's the coolest priest ever.
And Cyril, you'll be surprise at how open the couples were during the course. They can fight or hold hands, cuddle during the whole time of the course. it's not really that strict
ReplyDeleteAnd don't worry, after us, there's 2 more couples who shared their vows with the class. and they kissed longer than us.. :)
you got me teary eyes too!
ReplyDeleteAwww.. that's very nice!
ReplyDeleteawwww..its so...awww...its so touching...oh ya have u watch this? http://vimeo.com/11270285
ReplyDeleteguess you would love it..
and their vows also make me teary eyes..
So romantic....
ReplyDeleteso touching.. hehe.. congrats again!!! happy happy for ya =) see ya soon!
ReplyDeletelove, eda
wow....the VOW ----> WOW!!!!very romantic and u got me teary darl!!
ReplyDeleteC.Carol : wow, I did? :)
ReplyDeleteMimi : Thanks dear.
Casper : Watched it just now, my heart just melted, hot with tears inside..
Willie: right? hehe
Eda: I can't wait to walk the aisle, girl... I hope you'll be there at my church wedding.
oh dear...i'm in tears...hehe...
ReplyDelete