Never live with your in-laws after marriage. It's a total different scenario when you're still dating their son/daughter and after the "I Do". Regardless if they are treating you like a princess, or others, it is still best recommended to live together with just your partner.
I serious envy my friends who are married and currently staying independently together. I am really in a desperate hunt of my own's crib already, dragging The Hubby along. Do not get me wrong. I am not being intolerant with the in laws here. It's just a matter of self convenience.
And o ya, of course the sex. Ain't that "happenin'" with too many ears abound and about.
Give me 5 darlin.
ReplyDeleteBeen living with my in laws for 10 years now. Barulah my husband terbuka mata gago mok carik /pindah keluar. My in laws are good people but sometimes things can go crazy and I don't like it at all, plus they sometimes don't respect your privacy, breeching your bedroom and disturbing your stuff. I don't like it.
My late father ever pesan, pls respect bilik tidur for married couple. Dalam bilik itu tersimpan semua rahsia, pls respect, if the couples ada dlm bilik, pls knock the door first.
What I am sad about. After 10 years. Bila ekonomi sudah fixed, we have to fork out downpayment for rumah baru. Like starting our lives from ground zero. Susah.
I spend most of my time dalam bedroom, doing my felt craft, so my soul jadi very calm.
=|
ReplyDeleteWhereabouts are you looking for to stay Dee?
I'll help to look around. My current apartment is actually really good. Good security, good facility and close to clinics, malls, lots of food, but only issue is, it's located at the border of kepong and PJ!
Lemme know ya. ;) hugs!
cokelat: nah! high five!..sangat2 setuju.. no privacy at all...and yet, since they feel they own the house, they can simply masuk to our bedroom, which for me is the most private room for me as of now.. dang, even that freedom too got taken away from me... :(
ReplyDeletemy adik lagi bagus, she sent me a Bible verse this morning which I think is the best to describe what is to do right now..
"For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother and shall joined unto his wife and they two shall be one flesh" Ephesians 5:31
Im staying with my in-laws. but there are only the four of us. my parents in-law and us. they live downstairs and we live upstairs. only meet up for dinner since we still share the same kitchen and dining room. all is not bad for us...for now. dunno lah if already ada anak. :)
ReplyDeleteim just fortunate that my in-laws are kind of the type yg sporting and respect one's privacy. I can count how many times they set foot on the upper stairs. I can even come home late for a girl night out when the hubby's not around. Blessed them.
But yeah, in most cases...staying with in-laws is not a good idea at all. More over when you are staying with the rest of your spouse' siblings. Lagi tak syiok.
understandwhat u meant.
ReplyDeletemy mom have once said to ee...to keep relationship sweet n good between you n in law...better not to stay under 1 roof. stay for 'berambeh kejap' is ok :)
n yeah to settle down with ur partner under a roof....need lots of tolerance blah blah...like start from A...but hey....dats how real life is..:) all the best in finding ur own nest dear...:)
Living with in law. I JUST CAN'T. I've been living independently since i was very young age. So when suddenly i have to stay with in law or in law came in visit i felt so disturb. Not because they are not treating me nice. But i just can't stand with my own self. What i mean being completely stranger to myself. Do things that un-usually me.
ReplyDeleteAnd, I can't stand when people tells you what to do. I am quite a dominant. So when things like, why are you doing this, you are not suppose ...or why she's getting sick..or you should take more veges or...is this the way she do the laundry? I got so disturb.
So i choose not to stay with in law. I choose to stay oversea rather than staying in the same state.
Hehe...just a piece of mind.. :)
Chill! If you think you have to move out then do. Don't let it sour your relationship.
http://aamory.wordpress.com
Dee,
ReplyDeleteAfter we get married, we should be living in our own. That's biblical ( in the bible). We create another unit of family, thus, we can't be attached to our parents.
However, that does not mean we neglect our family, we need to visit them once in a while and be there when we are sick.
I myself moved out once i got married. Like u said, privacy at home is very important.
All the best in baby making. Hahaha!
I like your post! Lucky for those who have good & sporting in laws.. I've learned from my friends' stories about their in laws. No matter how good the relationship is with the in laws, but sometimes things changed and they will have to keep things by themselves.. Thus I made my hubby to promise not to stay with either his parents + family or my parents + family. Fair and square. Hehe..
ReplyDelete