Sunday, May 22, 2011

Marwencol




Marwencol? What's that??

This is the title of the movie that I've watched last night with The Hubby last night. A genre of its own, and very entertaining. You can read about the synopsis of the movie here -> WIKIPEDIA( Marwencol)" .


Image source : http://laist.com/

This movie is an independent documentary film that depicts the life of Mark Hogencamp. Watching this, I must say, is like watching a one-hour special documentary of someone in Bio Channel or National Geography. The reason why it's fascinating to me is because of his unique artwork and how he can be able to put his imaginary town into live, something that I dreamt of wanting to do when I was small. It was like playing SIM City or Facebook's Cityville but instead of virtual, you're setting up your own town at your own backyard. To add things up, he photographed the town, full with World War II dolls and small WWII trucks. It was like a combination of an avid enthusiastic WWII piece collection and macro photographers.


This movie has won more than 5 awards, and a 100% approval rating from Rotten Tomatoes. The Hubby and I were quite sceptical to watch it at first ( especially because it was ME who found the movie, and The Hubby at often ain't that keen to watch what I suggested.. All lovey- dovey la. chic flick la..hahhahah.. not blaming him also), but we enjoyed the movie (or documentary) very much that he persisted me to blog about it. hehehe



Anyway, if you're hoping to watch about something like Small Soldiers movie or Toy Story movies, you will eject this movie from the DVD player after 5 minutes.. Give this movie a chance to prove why it has won so many awards, it will tell you why..





OK?




2 comments:

  1. Will derfinately download the movie for a watch =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. must go to shop tomorrow n find the cd. thanks for sharing this.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete

My say..

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails