It's not like I don't like my real name, but this does not mean that I'm going to reveal it anytime soon. I bet many of you my acquaintance knows it. I just feel comfortable with this, and that's that.
Here goes...
My family and close friends address me as Dee Dee, so I did a shorter version of it to -Dee.
And the Loner?.... it started 6 years ago when I was dating a policeman. We dated for 3 years. However I only had a chance to meet him every 2 months. He was in a General Operation Force, and thus he went in and out any Sabah islands for operation every 2 months. He would be at the land (Kota Kinabalu) for two months and the next month, he will be gone. How long did he go elsewhere? yea, you guessed it right. ONE pathetic MONTH.. I got so lonely back then, and cursed the name of our relationship that we fought most of the time. On the final year that we were together, I was back to my hometown for good, after completing my study in Sabah, making things harder for us as he's stuck in KK, working. And so we broke up. He just made it worse by not putting much effort in us. He took me for granted, big time.
So I started putting "Loner" for my Friendster account in 2004 and got hooked up with the name. Even now, I still feel like a loner because I have to deal with yet another LDR with The Hubby. Nonetheless, things has changed now. I'm earning(stable financial status) and The Hubby rarely whines about this arrangement. We've started our relationship as a LDR couples. So, it's no longer an issue..
That's it.. :)
I've never been good in LDR, in fact if I know that circumstances will lead both of us into that direction I will end the relationship before it even gets there. Well, those were the younger days, where its still all about rock & roll lifestyle....
ReplyDeleteAfter being away and being apart of a larger community of people, I get to learn that LDR is not actually a bad thing, its actually an opportunity given to strengthen the relationship. Its a crucial period of time to see what one is doing in order to be remembered, to be faithful, to be trusted and to be love by the other.
If I do have to deal with a LDR in the future, I just needed to learn how to put in more effort and learn to love one another from a distance. Nowadays, technology made it so much easier, haha :D
Ahhh... .Now I know :)
ReplyDeleteAhhh so that's how Loner came in. :)
ReplyDeleteWe were on LDR since I first met hubby until end of last year. That took us almost 10 years before we finally settled under one roof. :)
As long as you and Jon understand each other's situation, that should be fine.
I used to call myself a Loner always, wait, I still am one! :p
ReplyDeleteTo prove my point, I used to go to the movies all by myself! sad no? :p
and then The Hubs came along. Although its also a LDR but things changed now.
I understand how it is when you miss Jon, but look at it this way, at least you get to call, whine and be bratty.. make him feel a little miserable, and then apologise :p
Yay!! Finally, i get to comment on you post! I missed you on Blogosphere Dee!
♥
Daniel : you have no idea how much i hate LDR. You can't go out lepak like normal couples every weekend. You'll tick on calendar on how many days to go until you see your significant other half, and then you have to pretend acting cool when the partner ask for permission to go out clubbing with friends. YOu can't say no to that, because that will just mean you're plain selfish..
ReplyDeleteBut true what you said, at the end of the day, it does gives a(of maybe few) valuable lesson(s). It helps to test the couple to the max. It helps to enhance the eagerness of seeing each other again. And the most important element? Test in honesty and loyal..
What I think is the best part? No need to cook for him! ehehe...
So, Daniel. Do try the LDR. It might works for you. I didn't know I have the strength to endure to yet another LDR, but I supposed it works. Because I'm meeting him at the altar soon .ehe
Mimi: ehehe.. yerp! now you know.
ReplyDeleteCarol: uinaaa...10 years is a long period of time!And you guys managed. Alvin and you are soooo my role model right now. ehee..
BTW, i love your wedding album in FB.. gerberra flower? nice..Just like what I have in mind for my big day.. not copying aah!ehe
Sunshine: No wonder I don't see you as my commentor of late..rupanya you haven't change the link. eheee..good to see you here too! you were always my top commentor remember?
You were so right about being all whiny and bratty with the other half when we're in this kind of relationship. perfect advantage of being extra manja huh? ehee
No worries about the gerbera flower. I cant wait to see how everything suits up to your wedding theme :)
ReplyDeleteBtw, I wanted to upload some more pics on FB but our home land line is currently down. So does our Streamyx. Using Alvin's cell phone is so not convenient and not forgetting, slow for picture uploading.
ReplyDeleteCarol: I can't wait either :) It's most definitely going to be gerbera and tulips..I hope thing is going to be just fine.. Been seeing a lot of friends' wedding album of late, and I'm starting to get a bit worried..Will blog abt how I feel soon...
ReplyDelete